In recent years, escape rooms have become some of the most popular attractions across the United States. When you visit an escape room, you are typically “locked” in a room and given a set amount of time to solve a mystery or puzzle in order to escape. These games are great for families or groups of friends, because you’re going to need all the brainpower you can get to win the game before time runs out.
The Smoky Mountain area is home to a number of awesome escape games that are perfect for your next vacation! To help you make the most of your getaway, Hearthside Cabin Rentals has put together a guide to the top five escape rooms in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
1. The Tomb Escape Game
The Tomb whisks you away to the pyramids of Egypt, where you are exploring the crypt of an ancient Pharaoh. When the Pharaoh’s ghost wakes up from his eternal slumber, the vengeful spirit seals all of the exits and traps you inside. The only way to make your way out of the tomb is to solve a series of head-scratching puzzles that the wicked Pharoah has devised. Boasting fun special effects and a family-friendly atmosphere, The Tomb is ideal for guests with children.
Gatlin’s Escape Games currently offers three unique adventures for visitors to choose from. Each escape room includes state-of-the-art lighting, sound effects, and props. Here is a look at the games that are presently on tap:
• Moonshine Hill Hootenanny: In this hillbilly-themed mission, you must break into the home of a rival moonshiner to steal her secret recipe for white lightnin’.
• The Legend of Atlantis: When the world-famous explorer Hathaway Wren goes missing after discovering the Lost Continent of Atlantis, your team must visit the Temple of Poseidon to track him down.
• The Haunting of Hyde House: After your tour guide abandons you in the haunted Hyde mansion, a ghost emerges to seek help from your group.
3. Trapped Escape Game
Trapped Escape Game offers four of the most challenging escape rooms in Pigeon Forge. The toughest course only has a 36% completion rate! Here are the escape games that are currently available at Trapped:
• Asylum: Your team must investigate a creepy asylum where the patients are being experimented on by a group of evil doctors.
• Alcatraz: After six months of meticulous planning, it’s finally time for your daring escape from Alcatraz prison.
• Capone: When mobsters in Chicago suspect you of being an FBI informant, you have an hour to escape before Al Capone returns to exact his revenge.
• Haunted Cabin: The cabin of a notorious moonshiner is rumored to contain a large fortune, but the ghost of Old Man Ramsey won’t make it easy to get your hands on the loot.
Located at The Island in Pigeon Forge, The Escape Game has built a loyal following for its movie-quality set pieces. Guests can choose from the following five adventures:
• The Heist: When a thief steals a famous piece of artwork, your group must beat the criminal at his own game.
• Mission Mars: A team of astronauts has 60 minutes to repair their spaceship before a fatal amount of cosmic radiation strikes Mars.
• Gold Rush: Can you find the greedy prospector’s hidden stash of gold before the mob does?
• Classified: Your team will play the role of secret agents as you attempt to foil a major international threat before it occurs.
• Prison Break: With a life sentence hanging over your head, your only chance at freedom is breaking out of prison.
5. The Captured
Situated at the base of the Gatlinburg Space Needle, The Captured may be the spookiest escape room in the Smokies. In this exhilarating adventure, your group is lured into the home of Sebastian Craft, the leader of a family of cannibals who capture and eat unsuspecting tourists in Gatlinburg. Your group will have 60 minutes to solve riddles, find clues, and complete puzzles before the Crafts “have you for dinner.”
When you stay with Hearthside Cabin Rentals, you will be near all of these amazing escape rooms in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. With everything from 1 bedroom cabins to 18 bedroom lodges, we are guaranteed to have the perfect accommodations for your getaway. To start planning your trip, browse our selection of cabins in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg!