So, you’ve chosen Gatlinburg as the destination for your next romantic getaway. Good choice! After all, Gatlinburg made TripAdvisor’s top 16 list of romantic destinations with vacation rentals. So you certainly can’t go wrong rekindling the spark here, but what should your itinerary look like?
With dozens of fun, exciting and romantic activities throughout the area, it’s almost hard to narrow down the list. That’s why we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite romantic things to do in Gatlinburg that we’ve grown to enjoy along the way. Read all about them below:
1. Experience an Unbelievable View Together
There’s just something about a sunset or sunrise in the Smokies – or any time of the day, for that matter. It’s a beautiful place filled with lush foliage and wildflowers throughout spring and summer; shades of yellow, orange and red in fall; and dustings of snow in the winter. And the scenery only get prettier and prettier with that special someone by your side, which is why we suggest you go out and explore the scene together. Whether you go by car, foot, bike or raft, hunt for the most phenomenal view you can find and enjoy it together.
We’ve picked out a couple of our favorite sights and lookout points to explore below. Grab your camera, canteen and your sweetheart, and go find them!
- Clingmans Dome – Several miles past Newfound Gap, you’ll find the highest peak in thenational park – Clingmans Dome. Featuring an observation tower for 360-degree mountain viewing. While it is a short half-mile up a paved incline to the tower, the small hike is worth the trip once you and your lady or lad can view the Smoky Mountains from every direction.
- Ramsey Cascades – As the highest waterfall accessible in the park, finding Ramsey Cascades is done on foot to the tune of a 5-7-hour hike, but it is definitely worth the time and effort. Spend some quality time pushing each other to make it to the falls and be pleasantly rewarded when you do. It’s one of the most romantic things in Gatlinburg we can think of!
- Gatlinburg Bypass – This semi-secret shortcut around busy Gatlinburg traffic also offers spectacular views of Gatlinburg and the surrounding scenery. The 4-mile road connects New Found Gap Road within the park and US 441 just north of Gatlinburg going towards Pigeon Forge.
2. Romantic Relaxation
If you choose to spend your entire romantic Gatlinburg vacation laying around and indulging in more low-key types of entertainment, we won’t blame you one bit. In fact, we have a couple suggestions for how to spend your peaceful, lazy days together, too.
- A Taste of the Smokies – Sample some of the best flavors of the Smokies with a wine or moonshine tasting. Consider stopping by Tennessee’s largest winery, Mountain Valley Winery, or keep things authentic with a trip to Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine.
- Relax at Your Home Away From Home – Consider your lodging options when you’re planning your romantic Gatlinburg vacation. A romantic cabin in Gatlinburg is a great place to relax during your couple’s getaway.
- Enjoy an In-Cabin Couples Massage – Set a couple hours aside toward the beginning of your trip to rejuvenate yourselves together with an in-cabin couples massage. You’ll be refreshed and ready to go for the rest of your getaway.
3. Enjoy a Table for Two
Gatlinburg is home to dozens of delicious eateries, and many offer seating that overlooks nearby rivers and indoor ambiance that is cozy and perfect for a romantic meal on your trip. Try any one – or all! – of these restaurants below.
- The Peddler – The crème de la crème of Gatlinburg dining, The Peddler is known for it’s intimate ambiance, creekside seating and delicious menu.
- Greenbriar Restaurant – Tucked back and off the beaten path, the historic Greenbriar Restaurant in Gatlinburg is known for its intimate atmosphere and location away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Be sure to call ahead for window seating – the two of you will love the view!
- Park Grill – This rustic, romantic dining experience is well worth the extra bump in price that you’ll notice, but the food is delectable. It’s a must for those looking for a romantic spot to enjoy a meal.
We know you and your special someone will find plenty of romantic things to do in Gatlinburg during your stay. For more ideas, check out our other list of the Top 4 Romantic Things to do in Gatlinburg for Couples.