Music lovers will not be disappointed when they visit Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains! The cities of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are famous for their spectacular live entertainment, which can be found at attractions, theaters, businesses, shops, restaurants, bars, and (sometimes) right on the sidewalk. Country and bluegrass have deep roots in the Smokies, and our musical heritage is on full display all around town. To help you make the most of your next vacation, Hearthside Cabin Rentals has put together a guide to all of the best spots for live music in Pigeon Forge TN and Gatlinburg TN.
Dollywood is the most musical theme park in the nation! This should not come as a big surprise, considering that the park is owned by the Queen of Country herself, Ms. Dolly Parton. Dolly has called music “the universal language that unites us all”, and this spirit is reflected in Dollywood’s phenomenal entertainment.
Each year, Dollywood hosts a wonderful collection of festivals that bring some of the most accomplished musicians in the world to the theme park. Here is a quick look at the park’s festival schedule:
• Spring Mix (April) features a week of classic country music, a week of inspirational music, and a week of classic rock/folk music from famous artists.
• Festival of Nations (March – April) puts the spotlight on international entertainers from all around the globe.
• Barbeque & Bluegrass (May – June) showcases visiting bluegrass groups and mouthwatering Southern BBQ.
• Summer Celebration (June – August) includes lots of great seasonal entertainment, including DRUMLine Live and the iLuminate dance troupe.
• Rock the Smokies (August) is a day-long Christian rock festival with some of the most beloved artists in the genre.
• Harvest Festival (October) features hundreds of Southern gospel concerts from big-name acts.
• Smoky Mountain Christmas (November – January) celebrates the holidays with special shows that are filled with festive music.
In addition to these amazing festivals, Dollywood also hosts a number of great music shows that run for most of the year. A few of our favorites include the Gem Tones a cappella group, the Smoky Mountain String Band, and the Live at the Back Porch contemporary country show.
Pigeon Forge is world renowned for its incredible music shows! Boasting Las Vegas-caliber talent, these shows are fun and appropriate for the whole family. When you stay with Hearthside Cabin Rentals, you’ll have the chance to see some of the area’s best shows for free. With our Freedom Fun Pass, guests receive one complimentary adult admission to a theater of their choice for every night of their stay. The Freedom Fun Pass can be redeemed at the following music shows:
• Smoky Mountain Opry: a big budget musical variety show with Top 40 hits from yesterday and today.
• Country Tonite: a spectacular country music revue featuring all of your favorite tunes.
• Smith Morning Variety Show: a one-of-a-kind performance starring Charlie Bob Smith, a Man of One Thousand Voices.
• Magic Beyond Belief: a magic/music show from the celebrated illusionist and singer Darren Romeo, who is known as the “Voice of Magic”.
Moonshine distilleries are also excellent places to hear live music in Pigeon Forge TN and Gatlinburg TN. In order to draw crowds into their stores, many of the distilleries around the Smokies host live entertainment for visitors to enjoy. It doesn’t cost a thing to listen to these free concerts, so we recommend stopping by a distillery, even if you’re not a fan of whiskey. Here are the distilleries in town that are known to regularly host musical acts:
• Ole Smoky Moonshine has a location at The Island in Pigeon Forge and in downtown Gatlinburg. Both distilleries typically have live country or bluegrass music between the hours of 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. Ole Smoky has been known to occasionally host free concerts from big-name artists, such as Billy Bob Thornton & The Boxmasters, Easton Corbin, and the Soggy Bottom Boys.
• Sugarlands Distilling Co. is well known for its Back Porch Concert Series. Featuring touring Americana bands from around the country, these wonderful shows are a great chance to see some up-and-coming artists.
Throughout the year, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg host a number of popular music festivals. Here are a few of the major events you don’t want to miss:
- Christmas in the Smokies Bluegrass Festival (December)
- Winter Magic Tunes & Tales (Between Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- Family Fest in the Smokies (May)
- Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales (June and July)
- Smoky Mountain Songwriters Festival (August)
- National Quartet Convention (September)
- Sugarlands Mountain Fest (September/October)
Where to Stay in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg
When you stay with Hearthside Cabin Rentals, you will be near all of these venues for live music in Pigeon Forge TN and Gatlinburg TN. With everything from 1 bedroom cabins to 18 bedroom lodges, we are sure to have the perfect property for your vacation. To start planning your escape, browse our selection of cabins in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg!