Pigeon Forge, TN has a lot to offer visitors. From a beautiful view of the mountains to shopping and restaurants, you’ll definitely never run out of things to do in Pigeon Forge. Here’s a few of our favorite things to do in the area no matter the time of year!
1. Mama’s Farmhouse
Start your lunch or dinner at Mama’s Farmhouse with their award winning buttermilk biscuits and your choice of soup or salad. For lunch you’ll have your choice of 2 entrees that change depending on the day, and at dinner you have a choice of 3 entrees.
These entrees include:
Fried chicken every day for lunch and dinner
Meatloaf for lunch on Thursdays and for dinner on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Honey-glazed ham for lunch on Fridays and for dinner on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
Country fried pork for lunch on Saturdays and dinner on Fridays
Turkey n’ stuffing for lunch on Tuesdays and Sundays and for dinner on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
Country Fried Steak for lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays and for dinner on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
All 8 sides are served daily with both meals, and you have your choice of 3 desserts after you finish your meal. Children under the age of 5 eat free!
WonderWorks offers a lot of activities for the entire family and it’s one of the most popular things to do in Pigeon Forge. The main attraction is split into 6 Wonder Zones, or areas that focus on one particular phenomena. The zones are split up among Natural Disasters, Physical Challenge Zone, Light & Sound Zone, Space Discovery, Imagination Lab, and the Far Out Art Gallery. Each zone features different exhibits and simulators for you to try, like the Earthquake Cafe in the Natural Disaster zone or the Bubble Lab in the Physical Challenge Zone.
There are also other fun things to do at WonderWorks besides mind-boggling Wonder Zones. They also have the world’s largest indoor rope course. This course is 50 feet high, or 4 stories, and has 50 obstacles for you and the family to overcome. There is also a laser tag arena, a 4D XD Simulator Ride that takes you into a 3D movie with special effects that will make you feel like you are experiencing your movie first-hand, and finally The Wonders of Magic, a magic show that requires reservations to be made before hand.
3. The Island in Pigeon Forge
The Island in Pigeon Forge is one of the area’s newest attractions and has quickly become a hotspot for visitors and locals alike. This unique attraction has something for everyone.
Restaurants at The Island in Pigeon Forge
1. Margaritaville, a restaurant based on Jimmy Buffet’s song of the same name. This restaurant has a great selection of food and drinks. Plus, if you are a huge Jimmy Buffet fan, his music plays nonstop in the restaurant.
2. Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen, a family-style restaurant that is, you guessed it, all you can eat! Don’t expect to leave here hungry, and be prepared for some good ol’ Southern cookin’!
3. Dick’s Last Resort. This…unique restaurant will definitely try your patience and temper. If you are looking for somewhere to eat that will give you a bit of entertainment, then this is the place for you. But be warned, the servers are indeed being paid to be rude to you, but it is all in fun!
4. Mellow Mushroom. This restaurant is perfect if you’re looking for a more laid back atmosphere. The selection of calzones and pizza is great, and this is the perfect place to get your pizza fix. Plus the interior is cool to look at!
Shops at The Island in Pigeon Forge
1. Sweet! This store has a huge selection of sweets for you to choose from! You can buy a large sized container that is filled with individually wrapped smarties or you can fill a bag up from the wall with whatever candy is your favorite.
2. Build-a-Bear Workshop. This classic shop is perfect for little ones! You can pick out what bear you want to make, stuff them yourself, dress them and then name them. You could make a bear and dress it up as a princess or make a bunny and dress it up as a jedi knight. The options are limitless!
3. Earthbound Trading Co. This store offers a great collection of clothes and other products that are green. And by that, we mean that a majority of the items in this store are made with the earth in mind.
4. Ole Smoky Moonshine. Try some authentic moonshine in a variety of flavors, like apple pie and blackberry. If you’re 21 or older, you can try free shots of the different moonshine that the store is selling.
Want to visit other attractions and things to do in Pigeon Forge? At Hearthside Cabin Rentals, we offer a Freedom Fun Pass to all of our guests! Your Freedom Fun Pass gives you access to free Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge attraction tickets during your visit. Click here to learn more about the Freedom Fun Pass and find out how you can get free tickets for your next vacation!